Hebrews 3:1-6 MSG
“So, my dear Christian friends, companions in following this call to the heights, take a good hard look at Jesus.
He’s the centerpiece of everything we believe, faithful in everything God gave him to do. Moses was also faithful, but Jesus gets far more honor. A builder is more valuable than a building any day. Every house has a builder, but the Builder behind them all is God.
Moses did a good job in God’s house, but it was all servant work, getting things ready for what was to come. Christ as Son is in charge of the house. Now, if we can only keep a firm grip on this bold confidence, we’re the house!”
The reason we are the “House of God” , and the only basis for our rejoicing is because we have such an HighPriest who:
1. Who is set at the right hand of God-(restfully seated).Heb 8:1
2. Is a better Mediator of a better covenant which was established upon better promises. Heb 8:6
3. By His excellent ministry, Sin is no longer counts against all who receive him. Heb 8:12, Rom 8:1, 1 Cor 1:30
4. He set up and now ministers in a more perfect tabernacle, sanctified not by blood of bulls and calves, but BY HIS OWN BLOOD.
5. By him, our worship is perfected not as it was under Moses’s Law which was weak and unprofitable. Heb 7:15-19
6. He thus became both an Anchor and a Surety, and an eternal Refuge. Why? Because he lives forever. Heb 6:18-20, Heb 7:22-25.
“So now we have a high priest who perfectly fits our needs: completely holy, uncompromised by sin, with authority extending as high as God’s presence in heaven itself.
Unlike the other high priests, he doesn’t have to offer sacrifices for his own sins every day before he can get around to us and our sins. He’s done it, once and for all: offered up himself as the sacrifice. The law appoints as high priests men who are never able to get the job done right. But this intervening command of God, which came later, appoints the Son, who is absolutely, eternally perfect.”
Hebrews 7:26-28 MSG
-Dr Nich Mbaezue-Daniel